Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yet another hyperbarics case study

Yet another hyperbarics case study showing an increase in visual field. I think the patient in the German case study is going to have the best long term result because he continues to go five times per month after the initial intensive treatment phase.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

I really would have appreciated knowing about this ten years ago. It is interesting how the minds of researchers work. Nothing is of particular interest unless it is large scale, uses the most objective testing method was conducted during a full moon and so on and so forth...Well, I added the last one, but you get my drift. .It is even more noteworthy how s-l-o-w the process is to move a treatment from the lab to clinical practice.

I feel it is up to me to fend for myself. I am blessed to be able to do so. I think patients are entitled to any information which may prove remotely promising. Particularly something like hyperbarics that is relatively low risk and currently available. People should be able to weigh the risks and proceed or not, their choice. But, if there is a treatment that has helped and is not widely available or known about because no one has bothered to fund a large scale trial....and patients are not aware it is out there....well, that is just not acceptable.

No comments: