Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Article on Stem Cell Procedure

Attached is an article about a man who had a stem cell operation and regained lost vision. I am assuming he had some sort of corneal operation, not one involving the retina.

Anyway, I think his perspective on blindness is an interesting one. It seems like many of the most well-adjusted blind people I know have been blind since birth or early childhood.

I think his message of not "waiting on a miracle operation" to live life is an excellent one. However, do not be confused. I think it is possible to live a full life as well as fight and try to maintain or regain vision. It is a perspective that emailers bring up to me from time to time, so I thought I would share. I think it will be a great day when blindness is a choice.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/03/earlyshow/living/main571462.shtml

1 comment:

stem cell treatment said...

This means new hope for the diabetics like me.b I have been injecting insulin for three years now. I really hope and pray that with this treatment, I won't be needing the insulin injection anymore.