Thursday, April 26, 2007

Today I noticed the blue paint on my bathroom walls is a sea blue, not a gray blue. The sun streaming through the leaves of the trees is so starkly contrasted with the green of the leaves. I feel very touched by the grace of God. I never did anything to deserve this, that is for certain.

Sometimes the high contrast of things is almost agitating since my brain is not accustomed to it. It is going to take some time for my mind to catch up with my eyes and get used to actually seeing things as they are again.

Our world is so incredibly colorful and beautiful. This experience is like being in the grime of the inner city, with all its smog and pollution for years. Then, one day, you take a drive in the countryside and see just how blue and cloudless the sky can be.....It is a beautiful and blessed sight as well as a surprise to the senses.

No comments: