Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Money Matters

In the interest of open disclosure, I would like to tell those following my story that my husband and I have invested funds with StemCell Pharma. Given that we do not have much money left after all of my medical experiments, it is not a large amount. However, I do think it is important that people are aware of it. Since this company is the only of its' kind in the US and I received results, we felt it was a good opportunity for us.

I did not foresee becoming a voice for this treatment. Had I known things would evolve in this way, I probably would not have chosen to invest as it can cloud credibility. If I receive a positive ERG, I will go to the media. At that point, my husband and I will divest ourselves of any financial interest.

However, I think one would have to be a sociopath to have RP and lie to others with it. I have done unkind things that I am not proud of, but do not qualify for this label.

This treatment is very experimental at this point in time. I am just one voice expressing one set of experiences. I cannot predict if my results will last or not, but I will continue to record changes as I experience them.

My posting over the next couple of weeks will be more sporadic. My son was born with a cleft palate which is being repaired on Friday.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I believe you are doing the right thing by sharing your experiences. My hope is your audience is following your story for the right reasons. You have a heart as big as the ocean and compassion for anyone who needs help. At the end of the day, you are right with yourself and God!

Shelby said...

Just a thought: You didn't ask to become the voice for this procedure. You have chosen to be candid about your life in an effort to help others. Critics will be skeptical whether or not you divest yourself. If the clinic is successful, you could use the money to help others with your disease.