Sunday, May 6, 2007

Festival Fun

Yesterday I went to a festival with my family. I am usually not a big fan of such events. Navigating the throngs of people can be disorienting. Not only was I able to avoid running in to people, I did not say "excuse me" to any inanimate objects. I also found my way, without my husband, to the watermelon stand while pushing my son in the stroller. My husband was floored that I had the confidence to take my son, in his stroller, in an unfamiliar environment. Not only that, I was able to locate what I wanted using my vision, not my memory. Of course, watermelon is a very powerful motivator. :)

Today we had a party for my son's baptism. Numerous people commented on my increased confidence when walking and my ability to find things.

After the party, I did my weekly shopping. I notice I am able to walk, look someone in the eye and smile at the same time. This is such a blessing and feels so good. It has been a long time since I have been able to do that. Usually, I focus on walking and cannot really focus on people, much less making eye contact with them.

No comments: